🤷‍♂️ How to check all activities of a specific user?

Dear Community,
I can’t find a way to check the activities of a certain user. We have a user, who is leaving our company and we would know what that user was doing in the last couple months. (Phone Calls, Changing Bookings etc.) Do you have a solution for that?

Thanks and kind regards

Tom

If I understand you correctly, you’re looking to audit their account to see all activity. Actions, updates, comments, new records, deletions, …

To my knowledge, this is not a current feature. But, I regularly learn new things about Tape so I could be mistaken. There’s also a slim possibility that this is an enterprise feature.

@tom.goeckeritz

I thought this was a fascinating question but unfortunately, I’ve been away with only access to my phone until now, however the following is a basic way to get some of what you are after, the level of success this will have is dependant on how many apps you want to check and how busy those apps are. The busier they are the more additional this solution will require work on to be reliable however it gives a base (I do realise that this is not what you were hoping for):

The first thing I have done is create a new workspace with an app called Audit:

You can build this out however you want, but the key field here is the relation field that needs to be related to the app or apps you want to check for user activity. For my test, I have a second app for dummy data which contains 3 records two edited by me and one by a different user.

What we can do is run an automation which finds records edited in the last week, filters the list to only edited by the user we are interested in and then creates a new record with relation to the edited record in our audit app:

The search part is fairly obvious however it is worth noting that it will only work up to 100 edited records (fairly sure it is 100) there are other posts on here that go into handling search results over 100 but it requires more code.

In the next part we are building an array (list) of record ID’s that the user in question has edited, you just need to change this line:

$v.last_modified_by.id = 17267

replace the number with the user ID you want to filter on, there are a few ways to get this user ID the easiest is probably a cURL request - go to this page:

Log in and copy the cURL and run it if you are a Mac user just from a terminal if you are a Windows user then I think you can do it from a command prompt these days but if you can’t a quick ChatGPT ask should tell you the easiest way and if you use Linux then you probably already know :wink:

Once we have the ‘list’ of record numbers we can loop through them creating a record and relating that record to the edited record for easy checking.

I have already mentioned that this will break if the edited records in the given search app are over 100 (not too hard to fix) however it is worth mentioning that this will also not find records that were edited by your user and then edited by someone else as it uses the last edited by field to filter this one is harder to fix as it would require getting previous versions and checking for each edited record and checking the user against that and whilst not impossible does make it all a lot more complex.

It is also worth mentioning here that each record has the activity feed:

That holds a lot of information relating to the activity on a record.

In conclusion, as @1F2Ns says I don’t believe there is a way to fully do what you want however you may be able to get an idea with some automation.

3 Likes