How to create perfect email templates in Tape from any email template on the internet

Hey Tapers :wave:

Today I have a hidden gem for all you email designers out there!
The email editor in Tape is nice, but not suitable for complex email layouts. But did you know that you can use any email in your inbox or email template on the web as a starting point for your own email in Tape?

This is possible because the Tape email action has full HTML support.

Here are some websites you can get free email templates from:

unlayer.com/templates

stripo.email/templates

mailchimp.com

Walkthrough

• Open the preview for an email template you like
  • Open “Developer Tools” (In Chrome those are under More Tools → Developer Tools
  • Use the element selection option to select the email template
  • Copy the selected element via the STRG+C shortcut or right-click → Copy → Copy outer HTML
  • Go to Tape and open the email editor in fullscreen
  • Open the source code editor: File → Source code
  • Paste the copied email template HTML into the source code editr
  • Click Save

Here is the walkthrough video:

Thanks to @Luis for sharing Unlayer with the Tape team :100:

Happy building,
Ben

2 Likes

Hi @Ben,
This seems like a super nice showcase! Thanks for putting it together.

Should we try to selfhost somewhere the templates and/or the images just in case one of these sites decide to not host this template and/or assets (images, etc.) anymore or change links? If so which route would you recommend to ensure nothing brokes down the line without noticing?

Can we make an automation to send x template from y email address depending on z situation or n recipient? Can we send from multiple different addresses?

How are the current email capabilities inside Tape?

Thank you very much.
R.J.

1 Like

Should we try to selfhost somewhere the templates and/or the images just in case one of these sites decide to not host this template and/or assets (images, etc.) anymore or change links? If so which route would you recommend to ensure nothing brokes down the line without noticing?

The email template provider, in this case Unlayer, should be considering the fact that already sent out emails should be properly displayed. It seems like they must guarantee that the templates (or its resource dependencies) aren’t simply removed without notice. I would thereby not state that you should necessarily host the template assets yourself.

Can we make an automation to send x template from y email address depending on z situation or n recipient? Can we send from multiple different addresses?

Of course - using Tape’s built in automations you can build powerful email flows. Check this out:

Let me know if you have further questions.

Happy dispatching :email:
Tim

Hi again @Tim,
Thanks for your reply, I continued with the question where you pointed me: 🆕 Action · Send email · Workflow Automation - #6 by R.J

Thanks.
R.J.

1 Like