Comment Replies via automation

I am asking for help before I put my head through the wall I have been banging it against for the last day.

Comments I can retrieve an array of comments via:
test___comment_all_comments_all_entries_array however that is exactly that, an array of comments it does not include replies and the same is true when you use the API:

curl https://api.tapeapp.com/v1/comment/record/82969403 \
  -u user_key_

gives an array of the record comments but none of the replies show up.

So I have a couple of questions:

1. How do I get the replies?
  2. Ideally I want the reply with the parent comment_id - is this possible?
  3. How do others either export a full comment history or automate the threading of comments?

Thanks in advance (save my wall)

@Jason I have had different but adjacent issues with the comment thread features and I haven’t cracked this code yet.
Honestly I’m not sure if I like the ability to have nested threads branching off the main comment log in an item (partly because of these issues accessing the thread replies via automations)
I actually wish there was an option to turn “can reply in a nested thread” on or off within Tape.

2 Likes

I would use that feature too :100:

1 Like

That’s really interesting as I think I would hate not having threads (replies) but I would definitely like to be able to retrieve them in an automation.

1 Like

I like having them for use inside of Tape. But when we display them externally I don’t want those apps to have that feature. … mostly because of the way we had to build out and format the comments section on external pages.

1 Like