Create a web link for the current record

Hi, I am trying to create an automation where in my application A I will have a link in calculation field, and when I click it the system will create a new item in application B and the user will be redirected to this newly created item.

1. In my application A I have “Link” and “Calculation” field
  2. In App A I created an automation to create web link.
  3. “On create” I want to run this automation to create web link, update “Link” field and use it in my calculation - but not sure why, it is not working.
    Please advise what I am doing wrong.

Hi @Sandra

Which part is not working for you?

If I rebuild it works for me:

The only part you don’t show in your screenshots is the record update with the created link?

2 Likes

Hi @Sandra
Depending on your ultimate use case here, another suggestion might be to utilize an automation that simply posts a comment in App A with the link to the newly created item in App B. See this previous thread with notes on how to achieve that: [✅ Solution] How to shortcut link to redirect to any item?

My preference is to use single select drop down fields as ‘triggers’ which run automations and then post these breadcrumb comments sending users to the newly created items. Maybe that would work for you here and save the steps of having to create a link via automation, return that link to the original record’s hidden link field, and then have a calc update to access that newly created link.

1 Like

So when I am trying to add @Link to Link field - I can’t find this variable.
So my field is still empty and my automation is not working.