🟢 Create an Excel or CSV after getting a view from an app

We’re looking for the best way to get a monthly report of data that gets a view from one app, then creates a simple excel sheet with the data pulled, and then emails that excel out to a defined user.
In Globiflow we used to have a “Build Excel Sheet” action available in workflows. Is that something that will be available in Tape?

Hi @CarsonRedCliffLabs,

we have already implemented in the manual export that the currently selected view is used. So only the columns and entries that are visible in the view will be exported.

Also for the automations I have good news for you, we have already implemented the create excel endpoint in the API, but not yet rolled out an action in the automations. But @tim has already built an excel generation for a client via the execute script action.
This is very technical though. But he wants to write a short tutorial how it is possible to use the excel generation already now with the script action.

Cheers
Leo

2 Likes

Thanks @Leo that’s good to hear.
Yes the manual export actions can work for now. An automated report is desired for the long term solution however.

I had wondered if a script action could solve this, but that’s above my head. Excited to see Tim’s eventual write up and then I can have my team who’s smarter than me apply that idea.

2 Likes

Hi @Leo

not sure if it is the right place to ask but it seems related, I can otherwise open a new thread.

I was wondering if it is possible or planned to schedule the export of an app and store it at an item/a location or email it to a certain user. It should serve as an automated backup - not sure if that works otherwise.

Thanks!
Robert

Hi @rone,

we actually already have the feature on the long-term roadmap for automations as an action. Where you can then use the on shedule trigger to automate the export at any interval.
That’s why we already planned to roll out the app export in the API during the implementation.

In addition, partners are currently working on an independent backup solution for Tape.

Currently, it is unfortunately only possible manually or with development skills via the API. But feel free to make a feature requests and with enough upvotes we can prioritize the rollout, because our roadmap is strictly community and opportunity driven.

Cheers
Leo

1 Like

Hi, @Leo! Has Tim already written the tutorial about the script action? I´m needing…

1 Like

Hi @EduardaBayer,

first of all a very warm welcome to the Tape community! I’m really glad that you’re here! :tada: :100: :grinning:

I’ll ask him about it and get back to you here, it could well be that he put it on hold for the moment because of other priorities.

Cheers
Leo

Thanks for the answers and the welcome wishes! I will be waiting.

2 Likes

Is there an Update @Leo ?