Does anyone have a good way for reporting on completed checklist field items or 'tasks'?

We love to use the Checklist Fields for tracking task assignments in Tape. One problem we run into however is achieving a simple way to report on how many tasks or actions team members are completing (or have assigned to them) in a given time period.
As noted on this past thread, we can use calc fields to display things like the date of overdue tasks (if applicable) and that makes it possible to run a filter/report on projects with overdue assignments. But that approach is fluid and doesn’t show a history or sum total of actions being completed.

Questions like “How many tasks were completed by each team member in the past week?” or “How many tasks are assigned to each team member for next week?” are common questions that can help managers observe and adjust workloads. (I might add that the timeframe may change, so a calc field gathering a locked in past 7 days isn’t effective here unfortunately…and doesn’t display per user)

The only way we’ve found to effectively gather data to answer questions such as these is building a separate KPI App and then having (simple but annoying) automations that submit ‘kpi records’ anytime anyone adds or completes actions in a checklist field.

It would be AMAZING if there was a way to run a dynamic filter or report that can answer these questions without the hassle of duplicating all info into a secondary KPI tracker app.

Has anyone solved for this or have any ideas better than what I’m using here?

I hate using separate ‘Task Management’ apps inside Tape and ignoring the value and convenience of Checklist Fields for tasks, but it seems that is the necessary way to log task data if this type of reporting is required.