[DONE] How to get the comment value

I tried to use record_comment_or_reply_content_value to get the comment value in automation but its not working. any tips on how to get the value in triggering comment?

Cheers,

Hi @comfreakph,

thank you very much for your report. I also tried to reproduce your issue directly.
It seems that the variable record_comment_or_reply_content_value is indeed empty and redundant. We will fix this immediately.

But you can use record_comment_or_reply_content_unformatted_value or
record_comment_or_reply_content_formatted_value instead.
Tested both and they include the comment or reply body.

I’ll report back here when we’ve merged the redundant variables.

Cheers
Leo

2 Likes

thank you, its workin now.

2 Likes

@Leo - I have actually always wondered why there were three choices there.
As you noted…

1. record_comment_or_reply_content_value
  2. record_comment_or_reply_content_unformatted_value
  3. record_comment_or_reply_content_formatted_value

I get why the formatted or unformatted selections are different, but not sure what the first option is for. Any insight on the reason for this third choice?

2 Likes

@CarsonRedCliffLabs @comfreakph you are both absolutely right. We are about to remove that redundant token (the first one) as it only leads to confusion - as this threads here confirms.

Sorry for that - consider it fixed (very) soon.

Cheers
Tim

1 Like

@CarsonRedCliffLabs yes that doesn’t surprise me that you wondered for what there are three choices here. I also wondered when I had a closer look.

The reason was the historical evolution, at the beginning there was only the record_comment_or_reply_content_value variable (which was equal to the current formatted_value) but because of a feature request the two new ones were introduced but we forgot to remove the old one, which we will do asap.

Cheers
Leo

2 Likes

The redundant (and in additional to that useless) variable has been removed, you should not see it in your editor anymore. Thanks for bringing this up and for your input - let’s make this whole thing better everyday. :tada:

Cheers
Tim

1 Like