[DONE] Incorrect Value Returned for Street Address variable when pulling one component from the entire Address Field value

We often like to use a shortened version of an address in automations.
There are many uses, but one easy example is to send an automated message to a lead stating “Are you interested in selling 123 Main Street?”
This format is better than “Are you interested in selling 123 Main Street, Somewhere City, Big State, USA 88888?”

In the automations, Tape shows the ability to ‘drill down’ on address field components and supposedly grab just the “Street Only” line of the address as shown below.
Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 3.58.28 PM

Unfortunately, this consistently comes back as a mixed up/incorrect value.
For example with
123 Main Street, Somewhere City, Big State, USA 88888 the Street Address variable comes back as
“Main Street 123” rather than “123 Main Street”

With a ‘real’ example - for “1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20500, USA” the Street Address variable comes back as
“Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest 1600”
but we want to see it as “1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest”

Is there a way to get around this?

Hi @CarsonRedCliffLabs,

thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is most likely a localisation issue, as some countries prefer the number to be in front, and some after listing the street. I will look into this and post the solution here once I have it.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers
Tim

@CarsonRedCliffLabs I went back and investigated this, and indeed the street address had not been localized properly in the past, which would yield invalid results for countries such as the US, where the number is in front.

We just deployed a fix for this, and US addresses should now be formatted properly when using the “Street address” token. Kindly confirm this resolves your issue. Note that you will need to update those location fields first once (to regenerate the map and meta info).

Cheers & thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Tim

Thanks @Tim - tested just now and yes, this update has fixed the issue. Much appreciated!

1 Like

Happy to hear @CarsonRedCliffLabs! :sunglasses:

Hi @Tim , I have the same iusse but my location is Australia. Is is possible to deploy a fix for Australia to have the street number at the front?
Thanks, Matt