In the new record layout, when working inside a box with multi-column configurations (e.g., A|B side-by-side), is there a clean way to revert back to a standard full-width 1-column layout underneath (like field C) without having to completely restructure or nest separate blocks?
Is breaking out of a multi-column row back to a single column inside a boxed layout currently possible?
[Box]
A | B
C
[Box]
If not, maybe having a 1col option in the settings would resolve this?
I have run into this same problem too. Also when the fields are not inside a box. So, when I create columns, put fields in there, then I don’t see how I can make it a 1-column again.
@1F2Ns - I’ve had that exact same problem too.
I’ve started to put a full width page divider line at the top and bottom of a box before I start making column customizations between those lines.
Then I am able to put fields above or below them as single column if needed. But I definitely think it’s a bug and when updated properly it shouldn’t require workarounds like this.
thanks so much for the feedback, John. This is actually a very interesting case, and I completely understand the request.
If I understood correctly, the goal would be to break up an entire column layout, regardless of how many columns it has, and have all blocks automatically stack vertically again in the template?
Breaking out individual blocks is already possible via drag & drop, but of course you’d have to move each block out of the column manually.
We already have the column menus on the column indicator line, so this could be a natural place to add such an option.
Leo, if I have a 2 column inside a box, I cannot drag a field to a 1 column below it while still inside the box. It defaults to continuing the 2 column formatting with no way to escape/revert
Thanks so much for clarifying, John! I misunderstood your original point. You’re absolutely right, this is a bug we overlooked. It’s already fixed and should go live later today
You’ll then be able to drag individual fields out of the columns and back into the box’s standard single column layout, either above or below the columns. As you drag towards the top or bottom edge of the box, an indicator line spanning its full width will show you where to drop the field.
The drop detection in that area was missing. We’ve now added it in both directions and made sure the whole edge area responds, so finding the right spot should be easy.
Sorry for the confusion, and thanks again for helping us catch this!