[DONE] Tape has a Partial System Outage 06/19/2024

I wanted to provide a resource before questions started coming in. There is a confirmed outage and you can keep an eye on it by going to https://tapeapp.statuspage.io/

This is the first time there has been an outage in more than a year now.
I’m sure the team is working to resolve the issue and that they will update us when more info is available.

5 Likes

No wonder I was having issues. I thought it was my computer :smile:

1 Like

Hi @1F2Ns and @Luis,

thank you very much for providing the information and resource for the current service degradation and slowdown of Tape.

We are currently using all our resources to fix the problem. Despite multiple checks in advance, it looks like we caused it ourselves by upgrading Tape during refactoring the title logic. As mentioned here: Issue selecting related items from a large list of numerically sorted ID's - #4 by Leo

I will of course keep you informed and get back to you with important updates to fix the issue.

Thank you very much for your support and patience
Leo

1 Like

Good news! We were able to fix the problem about 30 minutes ago and Tape is running fast and reliable again.

We apologize for the inconvenience and follow up with measures to prevent this kind of issue in the future.

Best regards
Leo

8 Likes

I really like the fact that every time there is a bug or in this case that Tape team provides exactly what went wrong :+1:

4 Likes

Also, if/when the system does have issues it’s because of new features/updates/progress and not simply because it implodes on itself multiple times per week :grimacing:

5 Likes

Thank you very much guys💙

despite the fact that we have implemented a large number of measures to prevent such incidents, it is unfortunately very difficult to rule them out completely. Especially since, as @1F2Ns has already mentioned, we are constantly developing and optimizing the core of Tape and rebuilding entire modules to meet future requirements and improve existing features.

But when an incident like this happens, it’s simply great to have a community like you guys supporting us until the problem is fixed.

Thanks again from the whole Tape team!
Leo

4 Likes