[DONE] Tape Links (weblink.tapeapp) not working on dashboards embeds

It appears that Tape Links (weblink. tape app) generated via the create web link and display a message on a web page action do not work when you try to embed them on the dashboards.

The weird thing is that I tested it last week, and it was working fine.

2 Likes

This means that my chart workaround is unfortunately not working either.

2 Likes

Hi Luis,

thank you very much for your report, that sounds like a regression to me. Of course we want to support our own weblink.

We’ll take care of the issue and get back to you!

Cheers
Leo

4 Likes

Hi Luis,

thanks for your report and for sharing the video. We tried to reproduce the problem, but it seems there is no technical limitation in embedding weblink flows in dashboards - it worked well on my end.

As you also said it used to work the week before - are you sure that your weblink flow link is still valid and working? It might have been expired, due to the expiration setting:

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 11.27.55

Kindly let me know if that helps.

Thank you & crossing fingers
Tim

Hey @Tim

I have been testing it for the last few days, and it renders correctly. However, if you open a dashboard tab with multiple tape app links embedded and scroll rapidly, they will not all load correctly. Instead, the first one that appears will load in all embeds, and all the previous embeds will load in the next. This only happens if you scroll very fast.

2 Likes

@Luis thanks for demonstrating both patience and persistence here. I was just able to reproduce the issue thanks to your detailed video.

Fix is incoming :partying_face:

Cheers
Tim

EDIT:
The fix already made it to production. :star_struck:

@Luis kindly confirm that this works properly and robustly now, with and without rapid scrolling. Thank you in advance!

2 Likes