⚪ Enable formatting apps with a global CSS

Hi!
I wanted to know if we can have more control of formatting the apps, by providing a global CSS that will control the display of the various parts of the interface. Currently I have noticed that some text might appear too small (especially on Windows computers) so I did some modifications on the CSS via the Stylus extension.

A global CSS can have the value of letting each Organization have more control on their interface rather than a “1 fit all” approach (which is what we are used to from Podio)

Thanks!

@shir thanks for your input, as a developer I fully understand your instinct to customize the CSS of the user-interface :wink: However, we are currently only allowing user-provided code like JavaScript, HTML or CSS in controlled environments like the calculation field or the automations. This has a very simple reason: Every feature we offer to users, we need to ensure that we do not break it in the future. Therefore, we always need a controlled environment for custom code. Otherwise, we would be super slow when improving our user interface because we would always have to check if the custom CSS of everyone is still working.

Hope this answer clarifies things!

Cheers, Ben

3 Likes

Thank you, and i understand the challenge.
In any event since the field labels and input have a css class assigned to them it isn’t complicated to tweak it with something like Stylus extension.
here is a quick sample:

@-moz-document domain("tapeapp.com") {
    /* Insert code here... */
    .css-v9tt34 {
    font-size: 13px;
        font-family: Arial;
    }
    .css-lgfti {
        font-size: 15px;
    }
}

Thanks!

1 Like

Answered my own questions and made a post: Global Assets

can we store CSS in a calc and then call it elsewhere and/or call an external stylesheet?

I have a global assets item where we store things like our logo, brand colors and other commonly used assets. I would love to save snippets of CSS in a central location that can be called in other places such as external pages.

This way, if we update our logo for, lets say, a holiday, then we only have one place to update it. We called external CSS in the the old program so I’m checking here before digging into too far.

1 Like