[βœ… Solution] In an automation, how to create a new record with some blank spaces?

Hello Everyone!
I am creating an automation, however, in the workspace that I am trying to send the said record has more fields. To be more specific there is about 5 new fields that the record does not have.
In the automation, under actions I put all the fields with the information I already have. The new fields need to be left blank until the record transfers into the other app. What should I put in the Value section so that it stays blank and so that the automation is able to work.
Thank you so much!

1 Like

If I’m understanding you correctly, you want to move data from one entry over to a different app. The second app has additional fields that are missing from the first app.

If this is the case, you should be able to do this by making sure the second apps fields are not required. After you check that, you can leave the fields empty when you create the new item from the automation.

1 Like

I will try this again because I had done this last night and it was not working. Everything works good, besides the part when it creates a new record, it says failed.

Without seeing everything it’s hard to help troubleshoot.

It should be as simple as

1. When item in x is updated (or alternative trigger)
  2. Create new item in y
    (Add data to all required fields)
1 Like