[βœ… Solution] Link my tasks in TAPE to MOTION

I want the tasks I create in TAPE to be automatically created in Motion. Just the tasks, not all the project data yet. I know that there is no integration with Zapier yet, but I have read something about webhooks being able to do this. Unfortunately, it made my head hurt. Is there a simple set of instructions to set this up?

Hi @Mind_insurance
I have never used Motion although it looks good from the quick look I have just had. The good news is that you should definitely be able to put tasks straight from Tape into Motion :slight_smile: no need for Zapier or Make unless you want to use it.

As for easy guides, each API is slightly different however there are quite a few guides on here which use webhooks to get you started:

if you haven’t already found it then you need this page:
Create Task | Motion REST API which tells you which data and the format you need to send to Motion.
One thing that is important when you are trying to set it up and get it to work is Motion has quite strict API rule:

so don’t test too often :wink:
and the other thing to watch is dates!

:calendar: Working with dates in calculation fields - :building_construction: Showcases & Guides - Tape Community (tapeapp.com) may help you with dates.

I am travelling today so have zero time otherwise, I would have had more of a look for you as Motion looks like an interesting tool but hopefully, there is something to get you started.

2 Likes

Hey Jason,
WOW! Thank you. I will have a look and see how far I get. I am so grateful for taking the time and effort to help me out here. I have been testing Motion for the last 3 months. I am using it purely for the AI task scheduling functionality and it has been a game changer. Worth it just for that.
I will reach out again if I get stuck if that is OK.
Mel

1 Like