🟢 Open/close all workspaces in Automations

This is a non-issue but I wanted to log it for the teams future reference.

The ability to toggle all workspaces open/close would be a great for the UX of the automations panel. Maybe adding a toggle before the org name would be intuitive for most users.

Hi @1F2Ns,

thanks for the idea to offer a button for open/close of all workspaces.
We have currently solved the function only with a keyboard shortcut, but it is not so easy to discover - the tooltip appears when hovering on a workspace expand chevron. If you use the shortcut for expand twice, all workspaces will be expanded.
Have you already seen it?

Cheers
Leo

Nice! No, this is not something I have seen. I usually do not hover on items to see if there is a tooltip.

2 Likes

PC Windows 11 Chrome Version 116.0.5845.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I do not see a tooltip on hovering on any element(s)
Only the workspace name as shown.

1 Like

@1F2Ns have replaced the screenshot to show the mouse position. Also at this position no tooltip?

Thanks Tim, I understand where it should be :grin:
That is why I included the specs for my system.

Here is a video:
The video did not show the tooltips that are working so it was useless.

The only tooltip I get is the one with the workspace name.

1 Like

@1F2Ns that is really strange. We will check this in detail with the specs of your system! I will get back to you here when we have more information.

Cheers
Leo

I have a similar configuration but i see the tooltip. Maybe it’s an extension that is blocking it? You can try incognito and see if the problem is still there…

3 Likes

That was one of my first thoughts as well.
I tried 2 different profiles and incognito.

All return the same - other tooltips show but not the ones in question.

@1F2Ns really strange, if we can’t reproduce it tomorrow in our lab then I’ll contact you for a quick call to look at it on your machine!
I’ll keep you posted John and thanks for the support @shir!

Best
Leo

FWIW I do see that tool tip when hovering, however the keyboard shortcut does not actually change what is displayed for me.
This is running the latest Google Chrome on macOS Ventura 13.4.1

2 Likes

That’s so funny because I have the exact opposite issue :rofl: (no tip but the toggle works). Technology is fantastic sometimes -isn’t it?

@CarsonRedCliffLabs - you are in the automation panel, right?

Yes I was in the automations panel.
But I think I realized why I had the issue…Once I have multiple Mac Desktops open, the Alt (Option) + Arrow (R/L) is switching between the available desktops. So I just have a system OS keyboard shortcut programmed to use that combo which is overriding the possible browser shortcut for Tape

2 Likes