Refresh Oauth2 connection doesn't completely work

Hi,
I’m using OAUTH2 “Send an API request” in Automation. After a while (lifetime of the connection), connection breaks - “Broken”. Reauthorization seems to work at first hand - shows “Active” again.

However, the “refresh” doesn’t work - I run into a 401 error with the target system. I need to re add the connection as a new connection in order to get it to work again. So I collect connections…

Let me know if you would like to debug those existing connection.

1 Like

I agree this does not seem to be working completely:
Yesterday I had an Automation working with Google, and then this morning it was failing due to token. When I went into the connections it was showing Active. If I go into the options and Reauthorize and then run the automation it works fine.

Let me know if you need more.

2 Likes

@Jason the reauthorization only seemed to work, but although my connection Mautic… and Mautic … v2 is shown as active, they don’t work. I really needed to re add.

1 Like

Automatic refresh seems not to be supported? Jira sets the validity to 3600 sec. After that time, next calls just fail in tape automation.

Hi @dirk_s,

thank you for your feedback.
We will check the reauthorisation logic and get back to you.

As background, we have built the Send API Call Action on special customer request and for our users who wanted to connect Podio and already noticed during the rollout that unfortunately other tools to be connected behave very differently, which actually requires dedicated handling.

Best regards and thanks again
Leo

2 Likes

Yep - for the moment I will probably switch to basic auth…

1 Like

I’m also reporting that I’m having the same problem with Google Calendar integration via Send API Request. Here is the error I get:

Screen Shot 2024-09-23 at 06.41.33

As a workaround fix, I’m manually “Reauthorizing” the connection for every new session I want to use the Google Calendar integration.

Screen Shot 2024-09-23 at 06.48.15

The issue is most likely related to refreshing an expired access token, as mentioned here.