See table of related items

Hello!

I’m new to Tape but not to Podio. One thing I would like to know is if anyone has an idea about how to pull together things like invoices.

I have a companies app. a product app and I’ve not built anything else yet because I wasn’t sure of the direction. If I build a new app just for tracking the amount of items, the product and the company is there a good way to pull that info together?

Just want to get to know the best practices here!

1 Like

Shawn,

I hope you are doing well.

We have a great solution we have been using for around 8 years now.

Essentially we have the following

Client App
Estimate App
Line Items App (one for every product we offer eg. web and logo design, paper printing, silkscreen, …)

Create [estimate] and add a [client] and [line items] as needed. We then save, convert to a PDF, and send to the client for signature.

There is a lot more to it but for conversation this should illustrate the foundational concept.

Attached is a random estimate I grabbed (signature is on the second page of the document.)

Are you hoping to accomplish something similar?

2 Likes

I am thinking about having something similar. With Podio I don’t think it was much different. How did you go about generating your PDF? That’s a very clean look that’s different than the standard table you might typically get and different is good.

1 Like

Hi Shawn,

a very warm welcome to the Tape community and thank you @1F2Ns for your perfect example of how to build this use case.

We have built and explained here in Showcase 7 how you can easily create beautiful PDF’s with tables using the Tape automations.
You can also duplicate the whole showcase in your Tape organization, so you don’t have to start from scratch! :100:

If you need further support, feel free to contact us anytime here.

Cheers
Leo

2 Likes

So, we have modified the example @Leo provided. We are using a calculation on the [line item] to format things how we want. You can use markdown or HTML in Tape.

Here is an example of what our formatting look like for a custom printed banner from the old system.

All the details on the description are fields from the item. This is what our test formatting looks like in Tape.

2023-08-03_ (2)

Then we collect the items attached to the estimate and display them on an external link (same for PDF).
We added a button to push data over to JotForm (Connect Jotform to Tape) and will add a signature field in addition to the payment form (Stripe).

Here is a live proof of concept that requires payment
(this is a live link so you can give me money if you want :rofl:)

https://weblink.tapeapp.com/trigger/939456e5-9173-409e-ba89-fa28656d32a4

3 Likes