[✅ Solution] Calculating the cost of procedures

Good day, everyone.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the information on the forum. Please help me with the following question.

There are 2 applications.
Application 1 - Clients
Application 2 - Procedures. The structure of the application includes the procedure name (text) and the cost of the procedure (number).
The applications are in different workspaces.

Application 1 - it contains client records and has a connection with application 2 where we select corresponding procedures.

I understand that it is possible to perform calculations using automation, but I do not understand how to do it.

Task:
When updating the Procedures field in Application 1, i.e., selecting procedures from the list, calculate the cost of the selected procedures and add the total cost to the Cost field in Application 1.

Hi @Venom
Hopefully, I have understood what you are after:
App 1 - Clients

App 2 - Procedures

Calculation for the total related procedures:

Just the total can be obtained from @Sum of Amount (or whatever your procedure value is called)

My calculation looks like:

The other calculation field with the list of items, values and totals looks like:

I have not used any automation in this however if you wanted to do the calculations in an automation rather than live in a calculation field then the easiest way is, I believe get the related roll up the values and sum:

I hope that helps, if I have misunderstood then please let us know and we can try again :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for your help. It’s not exactly what I had in mind, but your examples and calculations helped me create what I needed.

Once again, thank you for your assistance.

2 Likes