[βœ… Solution] Google Icon Font in calculations

I am in the process of porting an app from bubble.io to Tape. [Original]

An important UI element there was the upload overview. This showed which files had already been uploaded for each record. Now I would like to recreate this in Tape.

Since the calculation field accepts HTML, I started with a simple attempt. [HTML Editor]

But the preview only shows me text and not the icons. Is this not possible, or am I doing something wrong?

Link to Google Fonts: Material Symbols and Icons - Google Fonts

Code:

`<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/icon?family=Material+Icons">
<style>
.material-icons {font-family: 'Material Icons'; font-size: 28px;}

</style>
</head>
<body>
<div style="display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;">
 <div style="display: flex; align-items: center; border: 5px solid #1164A3; border-radius: 100px; padding: 10px;">
  <span class="material-icons" style="color: #FF5733;">favorite</span>
  <span class="material-icons" style="color: #33FF57; margin: 0 20px;">shopping_cart</span>
  <span class="material-icons" style="color: #5733FF;">settings</span>
 </div>
</div>
</body>
</html>`

The goal would then be to adjust the HTML code with a switch or if else case so that the corresponding icons are recolored from gray to blue.

BONUS: If it were possible to display calculation fields in the tile view (as in Podio), I could already display the status there.

@Roman this is how I do it in almost every app.
First field is almost always β€œtitle” if we need more info in related, it can also be hidden. Just add calculation so it is visible in related app. If you have a big app it can take some time to load and refresh all the fields for them to become visible in related.

View on related

Thanks @tomaz I’ve seen that, I’ll use it to polish up the somewhat rudimentary relationship view.

For the current task, however, I have to use the icons that we already use in Bubble.

I will probably do a workaround with images that are stored on a server, because the calculation field can display images. But apparently not fonts.

1 Like

So, I’ve found a solution that I’m pleased to share with you:

Result:

If I have now added an invoice, the money bag is circled and so on.

Code:

Good to know
Tape only supports inline styles.

5 Likes