[βœ… Solution] How can we change date field format?

Is there a way to change date field format? like in podio it will automatically change base in user timezone.

Can you clarify what you mean by β€œformat”? Are you saying you want to use Tape’s automation tool, or a calc field, to modify the timezone of a date?

Yes, Podio uses the user timezone, but a much better and more friendly solution would be to parse the Date in UTC and convert it to the timezone you need. In Podio and PWA, there is often issues with dates related to daylight savings and this is a much better solution overall.

I think you can go under user, preference and format and you have two options:

4 Likes

Hey @Tim any chance we can get the Canadian format as well? YYYY/MM/DD

1 Like

While that would be technically possible - we already support two date formats, and another one could be added - it might be quite some effort as it affects the whole system though.

If you would benefit from that format, would you mind creating a feature request here inside the community? :eyes:

Thank you & Cheers
Tim

1 Like

Oh, Tim. I did not realize it was heavy lifting. Historically we use YYYY/MM/DD for sorting purposes. I just ran a test on sorting in Tape and it’s a non-issue. Because everything sorts correctly, I would skip this for the time being. I appreciate your transparency.

1 Like