[✅ Solution] How to attached a most recent one from related app?

Hi Guys,
how to attached a file most recent one same in podio coming from related app?

Cheers,

Hey @comfreakph. Can you elaborate a little more on what exactly you want to accomplish? Your explanation is a bit confusing.

Hi @Luis,

I tried to get the most recent file in the other app and transfer to a app for sending

attaching a file from related app but only the most recent. in update block we dont have most recent so it will attached all files.

Here is one way to do it:

You will create this automation on the app you want to transfer to.

First, you search for records in App A and then add a loop action for each of the files collected from App A. Inside the Loop, add the update record action, and in the files to attach, select Collected / App A. If you need to, you can add filters, but you can leave it in All. It should attach the most recent collected file from App A.

Although this works, I encountered a problem when an App A record has multiple files attached. It only attaches one file and then duplicates it. I couldn’t figure out why.

I hope this helps.

it will attached all files in that process…

Hi, when I was trying to do something similar I am afraid I cheated and version-numbered the files then searched the collected files URLs for the one I wanted could you do something similar even if you then renamed the file to add to your final record?

Also, I have this vague memory of reading somewhere that they are returned in created order but I can’t find it and I haven’t tested it if this was the case you would just need the first (or last) returned anyway which would make things easier.

1 Like

@Jason thanks for the tips, i think i will get the file list and get the last file as you suggested. thanks again

2 Likes