[✅ Solution] Sending data from Tape to an external app via webhooks?

So in the section shown in the image, how do I activate the webhook?
I set up a make webhook and verified it, but I can’t get it to switch from inactive to active.
Am I missing something? I don’t really know a lot about webhooks tbh. Just how to map the data when I get it in automations.

Screenshot 2023-12-30 201721

Hi @DB_Looper

You need to go through a verification process for the webhook, so in your case, you are using Make to receive the data so set your webhook in Make to run once then click the verify button next to the webhook in Tape:
melotte.consulting 2023-12-31 at 07.01.09@2x

this will send a verification request to Make so go back to Make and grab the info that has been sent:

you now need to send the information back into Tape so it knows it is a verified webhook you can do this by running curl request from your machine (replace with your information):

curl -X POST https://api.tapeapp.com/v1/hook/{hook_id}/verify/validate \
  -u user_key_eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJqdGkiOiJgWH512r_vv73vv73vv71cdTAwMTAiLCJzY29wZSI6InVrX3YxIiwidHlwZSI6IlVTRVJfQVBJX0tFWSJ: \
  -H "Content-Type: application/json" \
  --data '{
    "code": "f43d05e6"
  }' 

Once Tape gets the correct information the webhook status will change to Active:

More details can be found here: Webhook | Tape Developers (tapeapp.com)

Hope that helps

3 Likes

Alright, I thought I had it because the webhook changed to active, but now when i try and redetermine the data structure in make to read the tape app data sent when a new record is created, It keeps coming through as a verify instead of record.created. So i can’t see any of the app data fields in make.

Thats strange my test updates:

Although often in Make I find I have to do the redetermine and then a run once (then create a new record again) for the updated payload to be visible in Make.

So maybe I am just missing something in the instructions here, because I do get the webhook events that show like yours, with the record_id and revision_id. What I am missing is all of the field data from the app. Like say i want to create a record in a google sheet, I need the field data to come from tape into make to be able to map it, but im not getting the fields from tha app

You are not missing anything your next stage in Make would be to make a call back to tape with the record ID that you now have:

https://api.tapeapp.com/v1/record/{record_id}
Record | Tape Developers (tapeapp.com)

2 Likes