💡 Upgrading our database to make Tape more reliable

With your incredible support, Tape’s signups have greatly increased. Working with the best builders, workflow automation experts, and calculation enthusiasts has been an absolute joy.

Tape has become essential for many of our users, with round-the-clock use.
To minimize disruption, we’ve planned the upgrade during the weekend.

:spiral_calendar: Scheduled for July 20, 2024, from 04:00 to 06:00 AM UTC
Tape will be unavailable during this maintenance window.
The same information will be published on our status-page

Our team will be with you, providing live updates here.

With this upgrade, we’re making significant investments in our shared future, and your support means everything to us. Every recommendation, post, comment, and interaction you have across various platforms makes a real difference for Tape.

Thank you all for your continued support!
We’re very happy to be part of this incredible community. :blue_heart:

10 Likes

Man, @Stefan, You and the rest of the team are truly on top of things! You should definitely write a book or teach a masterclass on how to build a SAAS community the right way :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

We’re getting started in 30 minutes. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

We prepared the system for the upgrade.
The maintenance is in progress. Tape will not be available now for a while.
We’ll keep you posted.

2 Likes

Update: So far, everything is progressing as planned.

2 Likes

Database upgrade is complete. Thanks to everyone for their patience and understanding.
Our logs show that the total downtime was ~56 minutes out of the planned 120 minutes.

Happy weekend!

7 Likes

:smiley: :tada::raised_hands:
Well done and thank you @TapeTeam

Also thank you for the great updates throughout

6 Likes

I’m still not really sure what to do with transparency like this. I mean, I feel like this is the way it should be but it’s definitely not the industry standard. Just wow! :clap:

Also, for those who are less technical, @Tim can you explain if users should notice anything different? Faster? More responsive? I would say less down time BUT Tape is already stable so :grimacing::laughing::chart_with_upwards_trend:

3 Likes

Thanks for your kind words @Jason and @1F2Ns - we’re also glad things went so smoothly and according to the plan. Preparation and transparency seems to be the key here :100: We invested quite some time resources over the past weeks into doing the homework proactively.

Regarding your question, @1F2Ns: The team made sure that our persistance layer, where all Tape data is stored, remains robust, performant and secure and supports the growing amount of users and data in Tape. As organizations all over the world rely on Tape, we prefer to take action in advance to ensure a smooth sailing :sailboat: in the future.

The impact you might be able to see is more stable performance, i.e. faster and more responsive application behavior. :eyes:

Cheers & happy Sunday
Tim

6 Likes