An example of how Tape can automate processes

The other day I triggered a process and when I thought about it a day later I thought wow that was quite cool. I see a lot of posts online especially around Make that show processes that people have automated (I wonder if Make realised how they were making it so easy for people to show off workflows when they designed their editor) anyway this is not so much a guide as an example of a fairly long process that Tape automates without the help of Zapier, Make or any other external automation tool:

1. I took a voice note on my phone and transcribed it (on my Mac Server).
  2. The recording and transcription get sent to Tape
  3. Tape sends the transcription to OpenAI to be tidied.
  4. When Tape gets back the tidied transcription, it creates a β€˜note’ record.
  5. The note process then kicks in and uses AI to give the note a title, and categories, then extracts keywords.
  6. I wanted to develop a project from the note, so with a click of a button in my note record, a process to create a project record from the note details.
  7. When the project note was created, it triggered my project development process that:
    a. Takes the base description, develops it into a full project description, and creates a project title.
    b. Creates relevant deliverables records for the project.
    c. Creates a base set of actions relevant to the deliverables.
    d. Relates all the new records together.
  8. The final stage is that I check a few details, like the related client, and move the project to active which:
    a. Creates a project in Toggl ready for recording time on the project.
    b. Creates a project status web page for easy monitoring of project progress.

Put the dashboards on top:

4 Likes