App level setting: default follow/no follow

By default, users are subscribed to all items/updates within an app. I purpose an app level setting to set a default follow/no follow or app level ‘silent’ setting to disable notifications.

I have at minimum 3-500 notifications at any moment because I’m notified of everything. This leaves this feature mostly useless as is.

An additional idea is to allow a ‘silent’ option toggle on the record fields. Use: I have a button called “email” that is pushed to trigger an automation. -this field would benefit from being ‘silent’.

As per:

Until the feature improvement, could Team Tape please set the default to “no follow”? I also now have +999 Notifications about just everything.

Either I set the app to follow or not, but if the app is set to “no follow”, I consider the record level notifications even more as a bug, than a needed improvement?.

1 Like

What kind of automation does the email button perform? You may be able to silent it using this:

Silent Automation

If you are using a script, you can use this:

1 Like

Hey Lewis. That works amazing for automations. But on the front end, having a user push a “button” to trigger automations still sends a notification to anybody else following the record as a human made the change.