πŸ†• Bulk edit in table for single select and status field - BETA

231220_BulkEditTable_StEs

Besides deleting multiple records in a table view, you can now select multiple records to edit their single select and status fields:

• Click the checkbox to the left of any row. (Hover in that area to make the checkbox visible.)
    • To select all records (rows), click the checkbox located at the very top left of the table, adjacent to the first row.
  • Select a field in the menu that just appeared to edit for all selected records.

:bulb: Notes: the beta version missing some improvements and features, will be released in January:

• adding a feature to close the bulk edit overlay when clicking outside. To deselect all records until this feature is developed, please click on the selection count displayed on the overlay
  • introducing a β€œshow more” feature to support apps with any number of single select or status fields without the overlay getting wider and wider, and considering a position change for better accessibility and readability.

Thanks again for the great suggestion from the community β†’ πŸ’™ Bulk Actions in Tables

:sparkles: UPDATE: the bulk edit has received some fine-tuning:

• Use β€œshow more” by using the new Β·Β·Β· menu
  • Close the overlay and deselect all records by clicking outside of it

BulkEditFineTuning

7 Likes

Santa is a little early this year!
This is just awesome. :grinning:

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: Ho-ho-ho! :santa:
Delighted to hear it helps, @tomaz!
Thanks for your cheerful feedback. :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Wooohooo, thanks so much guys! :pray:

What do you think, would it be possible to build a feature where i can select the first item, then press [shift] and select the tenth item and have everything in between also selected?

3 Likes

Hi @Leo - how can I select, which field to bulk edit? Seems random?

@dirk_s

Are you seeing the fields in the bottom bar when you have items selected?

2024-01-07_

2 Likes

@dirk_s I think you need to have status, single or multi select field within app.

2 Likes

:sparkles: UPDATE: The bulk edit has received some fine-tuning. See the details in the topic.

5 Likes

Nice update to the UI :clap:

3 Likes

Nice update.
How can I set a category field from a value back to NULL?

2 Likes

Right. An β€˜unset’ option for fields that are not required. I can see where this could be valuable. Out of curiosity, do you have a specific use case.

1 Like

We have entries with a special category. However, this is actually only set if it is used.

3 Likes

Hi @roman,

right, that is not yet possible. Could definitely be a low hanging feature to set the field to zero. Could you briefly post a feature request? Then we could include it directly in the next vote.

Cheers
Leo

Are bulk edit of relationships in the plans?