Question: Personally, what is your favorite feature in Tape?

I received a notification of [another] outage at a SAAS product we used prior to moving to Tape and it got me thinking about how much better it is over here.

My question to you is -outside of being a stable build, what is your favorite feature in Tape?

I’ll share mine to the comments :point_down:

4 Likes

For me, it’s difficult to choose, but I think real-time notifications and updates is at the top of my list.

Turns out that something as simple as a field’s status changing and not having to refresh your browser to see it is a really big deal. I didn’t realize that was such a UX pain point for my team. So, that’s why I put that at the top of my list.

Also, the new dashboards are pretty amazing :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

This is a difficult one, the outstanding dashboards are very special but my thoughts keep going back to two things:

1. The Team
  2. The single language across all areas none of this variation of an old version of JavaScript in one bit some form of PHP in another or a little SQL in another - one modern standard language across all areas makes a huge difference in my mind.

Those two things got me hooked around a year ago when I started using Tape; they are the most important things to me still today.

6 Likes

My thoughts, @Jason and @1F2Ns answers said it all.
I love the fact that is fast compared to previous platform without no downtime.
No refreshing pages when PDFs are generated and live while using table views is amazing.
Team behind is always responsive and adding new features and there to help.
Dashboards… should create another topic just for that.
Jason’s point about the same language for front and backend is also a huge.

6 Likes

I take it back. This is my favorite feature. Just saved my butt after I accidentally deleted a record :moneybag:

5 Likes

Today, this post got me thinking, and I decided to share my personal top 3 favorite features – though it wasn’t easy to narrow them down because there are too many great ones! So, I focused on what I’ve been using repeatedly today and what made me happy that it exists – with some surprising results:

• Table Search: An indispensable feature for quickly finding what I need.
  • User Experience for Automations: Especially the ability to save an automation with a keyboard shortcut or jump directly from a record to the executed automation via activity – super handy!
  • Dashboards in general: This is a tool in its own right with a huge advantage. I love clicking on a dashboard and instantly seeing the underlying records.

Of course, above all, the team behind it all is the biggest value add. :tada:

Thanks to @1F2Ns for the thought-provoking discussion – now I’m even more excited to use Tape! :star2: In daily tasks, everything is often taken for granted.

6 Likes

What I like about Tape is that you can build nearly everything on the platform. The feature that opens lots of possibilities is the 🆕 Action · Execute script · Workflow Automation along with the other automations.

As other mentioned the dashboards are fantastic and Tape team is amazing.

6 Likes

It might be impossible to pick just three…but what pops to my mind as a gut reaction are:

1. Seeing a team that listens to their community and responds with regular feature releases and ongoing platform improvements.
  2. The ability to see/jump directly to an automation when it executes an action on a record (this has been insanely valuable for troubleshooting and basic navigation when working on new flows)
  3. The checklist field and automations tied to that which make it so flexible for various purposes.

Thanks Tape Team!

5 Likes

Hi @1F2Ns and the amazing entire tape community,

thank you so much for your great support and your kind words! We are really very happy about that and it drives us to make Tape even better every day :blue_heart:

As a member of the product team, I’m of course particularly excited about everything new that we have planned and is currently being built, which also makes our daily work cooler and easier.

If I could also pick, I would probably join @CarsonRedCliffLabs and choose the checklist field in combination with the favorites function of records. At the moment, in product development and especially in QA, we are working a lot with records that represent a new feature or sub feature in order to then implement or fix all small issues and optimizations using the checklist field. For complex features, that is well over a hundred. Using the favorites function, I can then access all my qa buckets directly in the sidebar.

I am already looking forward to many new features and optimizations of existing ones!

Cheers
Leo

1 Like