How to use workflow automation to handle complex company processes.
This automation performs the following steps when a company record is updated:
- If company is tagged as customer, hit external system #1 that contains customer data including their contacts
- If company is tagged as vendor, hit external system #2 that contains vendor data including their contacts
Collect all of the contacts, merge the arrays, check whether they already exist in Tape.
When a company is updated + and if the type has changed → then add company contacts via external API
Showcases for a head start
We highly recommend duplicating Tape showcases to get the most out of workflow automation. Once you have duplicated the showcases to your personal Tape organization, you can customize the showcases as you like without wasting time rebuilding them.
- Click here workflow automation showcases
- Click the
Duplicatebutton at the top right
- Only Tape users will be able to duplicate the showcase
- Tape users who click duplicate and are logged into a Tape account will be able to duplicate the showcase in their personal organization
- Anyone signing up for a Tape account via “Duplicate” will see an easier, shortened version of the sign-up process, so they can start even faster
Run the automation:
- Click the workspace
showcases automationin your left sidebar
- Tap the app
- Click to open the record with the title “Acme Inc.”
- Change the type to
- To open the automation editor after the run: click the grey
⚡icon in the right-hand activity stream