đź’™ TAPE Documentation // Questions limitations

noticed in the documentation is that it is missing some information about “limitations” (if any haha).

For example: character limit in text field “many lines” and “one line”
Is there a minimum amount of category fields in the app’s data model?

:wave: You bring up a great point here @HugoSoares
I’m on it – I’ll craft an overview and publish it soon.

Regarding apps, Ben has already shared some insights here: Maximum number of records in an app?

If you need to understand the limits for a specific feature quickly, please let us know. We’re here to help right away!

1 Like

Hi Leo

I hope you are well (:

Excellent, I’ll be looking forward to the post.

This way we can measure how far we can go in our process flows.

2 Likes

Hi @HugoSoares,

of course i’m well - especially with such an outstanding community :100: :raised_hands:

We have now added the help center article Limits on apps, fields, and automations with the current limitations. Many listed points are currently not enforced but they are recommendations for high speed and good performance.

If one of the listed limits is a problem for your use cases, please let us know at any time and we can check if we can increase the limit.

Cheers
Leo

2 Likes

Thanks Leo :smiley:
Thank you always for all the attention you’ve been having with us.

3 Likes

It’s a pleasure, @HugoSoares. I find it truly inspiring to work alongside the community every day, striving to make Tape better and better :rocket:

2 Likes

Greetings,

I noticed the absence of a field in the documentation, the image.

What types of extensions are allowed and the maximum size (both the maximum amount and also the total size the field can receive)

Other than that, it’s really good ^^

2 Likes

Hi Hugo,

many thanks, you are absolutely right, we have actually forgotten to include it.
I’ll prepare all the info and get back to you here when the documentation is updated.

And big thanks for the great feedback :grinning:

Cheers
Leo

Hi @HugoSoares,

thanks for bringing this to our attention. Indeed, the image field limitations were missing - we added it to the limitations page. The limitations are comparable to the files field, and currently JPEG and PNG are supported.

Happy building
Tim

1 Like

I’m reading documentation and wondering…

• search function: what is the maximum number of records in one app for search function to run smoothly? I see records in one app limit to 500,000. So lets say we have 25,000 records in one app, will search work the same speed as if we filter these 25,000 to 1,000?
  • outgoing email accounts: are all email providers qualified for this or is there any limitations. I know the server settings are not in your hands, but I was trying to use microsoft outgoing server settings and couldn’t get it working. Did not try gmail, but I did try some local servers and everything works great.
1 Like

Hi @tomaz,

before I wrote to you, I did a short test in our own Tape organization, there we have an app with currently 430.000 records.
The search in the database views like the global search was about 1.5 seconds. However, it is difficult to make general statements, since each app is individual with the number of fields and the field types used. Especially calculation fields and many relation fields have a negative impact on app performance. But I think in general there will be a speed difference, but it will be rather small.

Microsoft and Google accounts should work in any case. However, you may have to make certain settings. With Google, for example, you first have to allow insecure apps to access with SMPT and you first have to enable 2-factor authentication to allow this.
We have tested Office 365 accounts extensively and they work as well. You can easily find instructions on the web on how to enable STMP access to the big players. Often the settings also depends on the plan you have booked.

Cheers
Leo

1 Like