🎉 Dashboards out of beta + get your exclusive deal!

You already know how I feel, but I just wanted to show some appreciation for continuing to develop the platform instead of leaving it in a state of ‘good enough’. As always, many thanks!!

4 Likes

It’s great to see Podio and Tape users here. I’ve been following this community for about a year, and now two of my team members have also suggested Tape. We’ve been using Podio for over 5 years, but after the recent sale I’m unsure. Also, Tape looks really good so I am seriously considering switching.

We have apps with up to 5,000 items (e.g. contacts) and I have tested them in Tape, everything worked fine. Does anyone here have experience with Tape and large apps like ours in daily use?

3 Likes

Hi @RMiller and welcome.

You should definitely switch :wink: as for 5000 items, I am not convinced that is a very large number as far as Tape is concerned just looking through my own Organisation one of my email apps has close to 2k items and I use that daily and never even thought about how many items were in it. I have another app with close to 7,000 records and whilst I am not in that daily I just looked at a couple of filtered views and they were displayed fine.

9 Likes

@RMiller +1 vote for making the switch :slight_smile: I have moved a few of my clients to Tape and so far they are all very happy with it. 5,000 records is easily within what Tape can handle - the total limit per app is 500,000 records so you wouldn’t even be close to that. I have a few apps in the tens of thousands of records and have seen no issues so far.

If you decide to make the switch, I have a free Podio to Tape migration tool that you can use to make it quick and easy. Feel free to give it a try! Podio to Tape Migration

10 Likes

@RMiller I think it is very wise of you to monitor the features and consider the capabilities of Tape as a platform before jumping over. I think we can all acknowledge that any disruption to the platform your team uses on a daily basis can have major consequences.
That said - I’ve seen quite a few users switch over to Tape from Podio and they have all been super happy (including myself)

Using the tool that @jacquelynmay has suggested is definitely recommended. It makes the initial switch over fairly painless. That is just the beginning however, as you will start to dive in and play with the other amazing Tape features (such as the dashboards discussed in this thread). Using things like the checklist fields in Tape won’t have a one-for-one feature match from your Podio, but it’s worth exploring opportunities for improvement because you’ll find the Tape features to be even more useful.

As far as how much data the Tape apps can handle - I’ve worked in apps loaded with several thousand records and have had no issues. If 5k items is currently the top end of your data table sizes, I wouldn’t worry one bit about tape handling that data.

9 Likes

Hey @RMiller, and welcome to Tape.

I was a Podio user for ten years and am so glad I switched to Tape. The things you can create in Tape are amazing. You can even use Tape as your CMS (here is a tutorial I made on how to do that).

I have apps with 3000 to 5000 records, and it works flawlessly. What I love about it is how easily Tape filters the data.

Tape Filter Data

Tape Filter Search

I use this a lot, especially when I want to search for leads near a city. You can save a view of that filter to reference later.

Tape Filter View

One last thing about Tape that Podio does not have is this fantastic community. If you ever get stuck with something, the community will happily help you :hugs:.

7 Likes

Hi @RMiller,

Welcome to Tape Community, All of my clients are from podio for 10yrs, and we are migrating to Tape, 5 organizations and one of that has 5000 and 10000 records, Tape handled it flawlessly, The reason we migrate to tape to cut cost, we don’t need to use 3rd party apps, like procfu, zapier, make, etc. Tape automations are really powerful, advance integrations like using API are really what we look for and Tape handles it. New features like the Dashboard really the star in our organizations.

7 Likes

I can also speak for myself, that it was scary at first to move away from Podio after 5+ years.
We can confirm that using 5000 records in nothing. I remember scrolling in Podio to get to a certain item, search was a mess, but this here is another level. Search in table views is super fast, filters are more powerful here,… I can go on and on about features. But the thing that I like the most is this community.
Come to the dark side, we have beers :innocent:

9 Likes

We were with Podio since 2013ish. This was the best decision we have made to date.

Of course I can echo everything said previously, but the big thing for us is the transparency with the leadership team. If something goes wrong (very rarely) they are immediately communicating with the community and actually sharing detailed information as to what happened and how they are being proactive to avoid a similar situation in the future.

Sign up, import some data, play around. You’ll quickly realize that you should have made the move a year ago.

7 Likes

Welcome, @RMiller
A year ago, I was in the same position, and introducing a new platform to the company felt challenging. Getting used to Tape’s features, especially the improved permissions and the free guest accounts we use to collaborate with our clients, made a huge difference for us at the time. The community was super helpful with all my questions.
Now, a year later, we’re happy with Tape. We’re currently phasing out many Google Sheets and Excel files in our teams, moving those processes into Tape. With the new charts, we can now analyze data directly in Tape, and as a result, our apps handle way more records as 5.000 without any issues. Hope this helps.

6 Likes

No worries, we support clients, that have apps with about 50.000 records for daily work planning. It will grow by about 4.000 records by month. We plan to think about archiving records in about 8 to 9 years from now :smiley:

7 Likes

Hey everyone!

I want to share with you an amazing case of Hyper Automation that we implemented with Tape at Varejomais, a Samsung partner here in Brazil. The process of receiving Samsung merchandise involves a series of steps with various processes and subprocesses that go through multiple departments: Logistics, Controllership, Finance, Operations, Security, Accounting, and Tax.

Tape supported this entire process, adding value to all the areas, increasing efficiency, and reducing costs related to personnel, taxes, and duties. Moreover, we achieved an efficient integration of Tape with Oracle (Varejomais’s ERP)!

In this scenario, we have several apps ranging from 5 to an impressive 150,000 records, along with complex workflows and API integrations running in parallel. So far, Tape has been handling all of this very well! And now, with the Dashboards, there’s no limit to what we can do! :smile:

Below is a screenshot of a monitoring report for Invoice Integration, where we track the number of invoices that have been captured, gone through the entire workflow in Tape, and are approved for integration with Oracle and Linx. Note that just this month we’ve had over 12,000 invoices captured and processed!

We’re very excited about Tape’s evolution and the commitment from the entire team. Let’s take Tape to the next level together!

11 Likes

@RMiller I’ve always appreciated how unique Podio is and the significant impact it has made over the years, but unfortunately, it has changed over time.
As a long-time Podio user, I’ve recommended many organisations switch to Tape since ‘Podio’s new business model’ last year. I’m convinced of Tape’s benefits and its feature roadmap, especially in the way new features are implemented. Several companies have already made the switch and provided me with feedback that they’re happy with the results, so I’ll continue recommending Tape to more organisations for a growing Tape community. The number of records you manage won’t be an issue at all! I truly believe Tape is the future — just make the move.

8 Likes

Hi @RMiller and @RobertForster,

first of all, a very warm welcome to the Tape community! We’re really happy to have you here :tada: :100: :blue_heart:

A big thank you to our partners and power users for the great feedback! Really impressive stats!
I’m especially happy to see the value the new dashboards are bringing to @bruno.freitas enterprise use case.

@RMiller, if you have any further questions or need help, feel free to reach out here anytime. And thank you so much for your kind words @RobertForster!

Cheers
Leo

4 Likes

Amazing! I just learned a lot, items are called records, and having 5,000 records in an app is no issue at all with Tape. But more importantly, I want to thank everyone for all the incredible feedback. This community truly is fantastic!

After hearing that Sara is leaving Podio Sara Høeg Højlund-Rasmussen on LinkedIn: It has been 12 great years with Podio, RightSignature, ShareFile and… | 73 comments my decision has become so much clearer. From my perspective, Sara played the key role in maintaining Podio, and she supported us many times along the way. Wishing her all the best in her new role.

So, we’re already in the process of switching. @jacquelynmay , thank you for the note with your migration tool. We’ve already imported all our data via Excel (For future users, I recommend the tool because handling the relationships with the tool is probably faster) @leo, thanks for your message! Quick question: where should I send ‘Dashboard’ to get the 3 months for free?

Thanks again to everyone, and hopefully we’ll see each other more often here in the forum!

8 Likes

@RMiller We’re really happy you’re joining the community :tada: Thank you!

The easiest way to apply your coupon is to simply sign in to Tape, click the question mark at the bottom right, select “billing support,” and mention “Dashboard.” Our finance team will take care of the rest.

Looking forward to seeing you around more often here in the forum.

2 Likes

Everything’s working great so far @leo I’m really impressed with how smoothly things are going. Didn’t expect such a fast response, especially on a Sunday! That gives me a lot of confidence in the platform. Thank you!

4 Likes

I usually just scroll through the community because our team’s setup with Tape has been working well, and I only have to make small changes. But after reading this post, I found the charts feature for the first time! I tried it out, and it’s super easy to set up. I’m definitely going to build some for our team — they’re helpful. Thanks for the inspiration!

5 Likes

Same here. We’ve been using dashboards since the beta, and they’ve taken Tape to the next level. We use them daily to track our progress. Highly recommended!
@bruno.freitas , thank you for sharing the screenshot of your impressive dashboard, it’s given me some new ideas for our own.

5 Likes

“Dashboard” I’d like to get the 3 free months. Thanks so much! Patrick

2 Likes