⚪ Integrate Unlayer Embeddable Drag & Drop Editor

It would be amazing if Tape could have the Unlayer embeddable drag & drop editor as one of the automation actions.

This will allow you to easily create beautiful external landing pages via the Action - Display a message on a web page. The current Tape web page editor works for simple stuff, but is very limited in terms of design flexibility.

Hi @Luis,

many thanks for the idea!
I look at the extension in detail and get back to you. At first glance it looks very powerful and could be a valuable addition.

Cheers
Leo

@Luis, thanks for this suggestion! Thats quite a nice editor indeed.
I have good news, you can use the unlayer editor to design your perfect email/ weblink display message and then just copy paste that design into Tape! Then you can replace all static content with workflow variables and that’s it :100:

I created a quick walkthrough how you can copy the template from Unlayer to Tape:

This is obviously not as nice as a full integration, but with this workaround you can get pretty much the same result :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Ben

2 Likes

@Luis your suggestion inspired me to create a guide so everyone can benefit from this, you can check it out here:

https://community.tapeapp.com/t/how-to-create-perfect-email-templates-in-tape-from-any-email-template-on-the-internet/

2 Likes

Thanks, Ben, for the workaround. It works fantastically well and will make my life so much easier. I’ll still vote to have Unlayer built-in on Tape for convenience, but in the meantime, I will follow this workaround.

My main use is to send leads to a landing page (created by the “Create web link” action) instead of email, but I ran into a few issues. Most I could fix using the CSS workaround you suggested here, but I haven’t been able to figure out a way to remove the padding that Tape automatically creates. Here is a video explaining what I mean.

I would like to have full-width landing pages, but the forced padding is preventing that from happening. Is there a way to remove the padding?

2 Likes

Hey Luis,

happy to hear that the workaround solves your problem for now. You are correct, the padding of the page cannot be changed inside the weblink application. However, I fully understand your use-case of building full-width landing pages, so this would be a good feature to have.

Would you create a separate feature request to add this feature to the weblink trigger/ action?

Cheers,
Ben

2 Likes

@Luis ,

we implemented your feature request, it is live now! You can remove padding and Tape branding inside the “Display a message” action, so you can build a fullscreen landing page :slight_smile:

Here is an example HTML you need inside the display message action if you want fullscreen:

<div style="width: 100%; height: 100vh; background: gray">
<p>Your content</p>
</div>

Note that you need height: 100vh

Cheers,
Ben

4 Likes