We are super happy to introduce a new trigger for Supercharged Workflow Automations
Please welcome When a record is updated as another event whenever the automation should be triggered.
When you select the “When a record is updated” trigger, you can monitor an entire record or every single field for updates in a specific app. So when the record or any of the selected fields are updated, the automation will start the action that you configured.
A simple use case
“When the status of a record changes (Trigger) to done (Filter) then write a comment to notify the manager (Action).”
Some more insights
Tape’s checklist field is great for many purposes, and it’s a simple way to organize subtasks.
Learn more about the checklist field →
The trigger “Record updated” is designed so that a completed subtask can start an automation. Just create a filter that specifies that the checklist status has changed to complete.
Create automation using the trigger “When a record is updated”
- First automation block - Trigger - the “When this happens” automation statement
Choose the trigger
When a record is updated
Set the trigger by selecting the app where the automation should be triggered
Second automation block - Filter - the “And if conditions are met” automation statement
Set your filter to start actions only if certain conditions are met:
- A field to be evaluated, at the first dropdown menu
- An operator at the second dropdown menu, i.e., Contains, Does not contain, Is not, etc.
- A field value - enter the field value for the selected field from the first dropdown. Note that the operators e.g. “is empty” and “is not empty” do not require you to input a field value
Third automation block - Action - the “Then do that” automation statement
+ Add actionand choose between various actions
Set up your action based on the action you’ve selected, like
Add a commentin the simple example above
Type in any value such as a short text and @-mention the manager
Create automationat the top right
Edit and manage trigger
The automation editor allows you to edit or manage triggers and holds all the important details about your specific automation. To open the editor - click the card with the title of your automation at the gallery of the automation center. From this point, you can choose between various options. Learn more about →
New to workflow automation by Tape? Here’s a summary of what you need to know about automation.
To enable any type of automation, you’ll need to set up a trigger and one or more actions. Some automations also use filters.
- A trigger is an event that starts an automation. The “When this happens” statement. For example, “When a status changes” Learn more about →
- Filters are optional and start actions only if certain conditions are met. The “And if conditions are met” statement. For example, "only if the status changes to done" Learn more about →
- An action is an event the automation performs automatically after it is triggered. The “Then do that” statement. For example, “then send an email to a customer” Learn more about →